Transforming lives through exceptional orthopedic care.
We are building a vibrant, connected team, leveraging a data-driven, service-oriented culture of growth to create an extraordinary patient experience that inspires individuals to LIVE STRONGER.
Values You Can Trust
At Orthopedic Institute, we work to live out our values every day in the care we give each patient. Our team embodies our values and shapes our values, and we are proud of the excellent culture of patient care we provide through these Core Values:
Excellence is our goal in everything we do. From the team members we hire to the individual treatment options we offer each patient, excellence is the benchmark of our success. In order to be excellent, you will discover that for our team members, working at OI and working with patients is more than a job – it’s a calling and a mission.
Excellence: “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
Congratulations to Reid Herrboldt (Athletic Trainer/Pedorthist). The 2021 Q2 OI Values award winner – Excellence
Team members that work with Reid say:
● He works incredibly hard to provide the best service and product to patients.
● He is a great problem solver and is always willing to help!
● He holds himself to a high standard and his quality of work speaks for itself.
Well-deserved, Reid! Thank you for providing the best care to our patients!
Great care for each patient requires a team approach, so the staff at Orthopedic Institute work to function as a cohesive team every day. Unlike other health care practices, we don’t view the patient as an outsider – at Orthopedic Institute, each patient is considered a vital part of our team. Together, our patients, staff, and doctors work to discover the best treatment and recovery plan.
Teamwork: “Teamwork is the lynchpin in our long term success.” – Ned Lautenbach
Congratulations to Sarah Haugen (Medical Assistant). The 2021 Q2 OI Values award winner – TEAMWORK
Team members that work with Sara say:
● She has recently stepped up to fill in on several teams and does it with a willing attitude.
● Her positivity, smile, and willingness to help out wherever is needed are evident to everyone she interacts with.
● She consistently goes above and beyond to help patients feel at ease and welcome here at Orthopedic Institute.
You are an exceptional team member, Sara! Keep up the good work!
We have a simple belief at Orthopedic Institute – we treat people as we want to be treated. Our team is trained to live out this principle, “you’re more than just a number here.” We empower our staff to take the time to slow down, listen, ask questions, encourage each patient, and genuinely understand their pain, injury, and concerns. Compassion is not just a word for us – it’s a call to slow down and work with each patient on their unique treatment plan.
Compassion: “In compassion, when we feel with the other, we dethrone ourselves from the center of our world and we put another person there.” – Karen Armstrong
Congratulations to Shelly Price (Physical Therapist). The 2021 Q2 OI Values award winner – COMPASSION
Team members that work with Shelly say:
● She comes in early to follow through with athletes that she’s encountered during her non-clinic work hours as an Athletic Trainer.
● She goes above and beyond for all of her physical therapy patients, even fitting them in at the end of her busiest days.
● She also offers and is willing to go to Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital and help with the PT coverage over there.
Shelly, you positively impact so many patients and co-workers at Orthopedic Institute! Keep it up!
At Orthopedic Institute, we believe in being both FIRST and BEST. We have pioneered numerous procedures and practices in this region including hip arthroscopy procedures, anterior hip replacements, endoscopic carpal tunnel release, and several pain procedures as well as offering orthopedic walk-in clinics.
We have a long history of being first in the region to offer treatment innovations. But we also believe in being the BEST. We will never offer a new innovation unless we know it is in the best interest of the patient.
Innovation:“The riskiest thing we can do is just maintain the status quo.” Bob Iger
Congratulations to Ryan Klenner (Physician Assistant). The 2021 Q2 OI Values award winner – INNOVATION
Team members that work with Ryan say:
● He is always looking for ways to improve what we do at Orthopedic Institute
● He frequently presents ideas and suggestions on various issues with the goal of providing better care to patients or improving work processes.
● He has worked to optimize the efficiency of Athena and has volunteered to serve on various committees in the office.
Well-deserved, Ryan! Your dedication towards providing extraordinary care is unparalleled!
More than just treating injuries or helping our patients recover, Orthopedic Institute believes in a health and wellness lifestyle that empowers our staff and patients to live full, active lives. That’s why we partner in the community to promote wellness events and offer sports performance training to professional athletes and “weekend warrior” moms, dads, and youth. We also actively support organizations such as the Arthritis Foundation that are working to create better, fuller lives for all people.
Wellness:“If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” – Julius Erving
Congratulations to Colby Orts (OI Performance Coach). The 2021 Q2 OI Values award winner – Wellness
Team members that work with Colby say:
● Not only does he live out the OI values on a daily basis, but he also helps those around him to achieve those same standards.
● He is dedicated to constantly finding new ways to grow as a person and a coach.
● He always helps motivate others to reach their health and wellness goals!
Colby, your energy and enthusiasm is inspiring to everyone! Keep up the good work!