The goal of physical therapy can be to see if you can recover from your symptoms WITHOUT SURGERY, or if surgery is unavoidable, help you return to activity AFTER SURGERY.
Your physical therapist is your key asset to help you accomplish both goals. If you have a knee, hip, back, foot, shoulder or hand problem, Orthopedic Institute has a therapist experienced in that specialty. The physical therapists work closely with the OI physicians to develop rehab protocols that maintain the high standards of treatment that OI is known for in the region.
Our Physical Therapists, all of whom have advanced training are:
- Nationally certified in Physical Therapy
- Licensed by the state of South Dakota
Common Injuries Treated by Orthopedic Institute Specialists
- Evaluation and treatment of injuries including, but not limited to: shoulder pain and instability, adhesive capsulitis, cervicalgia, cervical (neck) pain, low back pain, SI dysfunction, knee pain and weakness, hip pain and muscle strains
- Pre and Post surgical rehabilitation for soft tissue repair, reconstructions, replacements, and scopes
- Progression of therapeutic exercise to rehabilitate and prevent injury, improve function, reduce risk of injury/re-injury, and optimize overall health and well being
- Provide patients with skills to manage injury/impairment at home
- Knee, shoulder, ankle and back bracing
- Application and fabrication of devices and equipment including custom orthotics, splints and protective equipment
- BFR Blood Flow Restriction Therapy
- Dry Needling Therapy
- Return to Work Program
- Athletic Training Rehabilitation (RAMP)
- Aquatic Therapy
- Golf Medicine
- Hand Therapy
Not all specialties are available at each location. Please Call 605.977.6845 or 1.866.777.7678 to find out more information or to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Jones helped me so much with the carpal tunnel surgery that he performed. He also took care of the trigger finger at the same time. I appreciated the physical therapy that I had the PT clinic as well. They got me in tip top shape and back to work painlessly.
My pain is so much better; I owe that to Dr. Baumgartner professional knowledge. He was most courteous, so was the entire staff. Even the X-ray nurse. Now my PT will get me back on track to more strength in my arms. Taking my shower, wiping off with a towel was so much easier, the very next day. I have better strength to do my daily walks, n chores, get dressed easier too. My immune system is not overwhelmed like it was when I had so much pain & inflammation in my arms, shoulders, & neck. I sleep better too.
The staff at OI are very professional and helpful and the surgeons are the best at what they do. Had foot surgery a few years ago and have also been seen for my spine and my daughter was seen for a knee injury. They’re not knife-happy, they treat conservatively and do surgery when necessary. I appreciate the time they and their PAs take to answer questions and make sure the patient knows the plan of action. The PT staff is awesome too. Very thorough and they all know what they’re doing.
My experiences at CORE Physical Therapy were way beyond 5 stars…maybe more like 100 gold stars!! Jill, Kris and Becky are amazing at what they do. Not only is their care top-notch and the most up to date, they treat you more like a family member than just a patient. I’ve recommended CORE Physical Therapy to many friends and family members and if I ever need PT in the future, I wouldn’t consider going anywhere but CORE.
I saw the P.A. Ryan Slaba and Dr. Looby for my knee and ankle pain i was having , and I have to say that after I saw them I got an injection and Physical therapy with Adam Halseth I feel great! Best place to go for Orthopedic care.