Dr. David B. Jones Jr. is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic hand surgeon from Platte, SD, who trained at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. As a hand surgeon for nearly 20 years, he has practiced specialized, patient-centered care, helping people of all ages understand their hand, wrist, forearm, or elbow conditions, and assisting them in choosing personalized treatment. Being a hand surgeon, he strives to understand which issues are important to his patients and first explores all non-operative solutions. He helps patients with surgical and non-surgical specialty care, including hand therapy, exercises, medications, injections, splinting, and casting. He enjoys working together with patients to optimize and restore their function and quality of life by addressing their injury or pain and ultimately seeing them get back to the life and activities that they love.
CLINICAL INTEREST • Hand Care and Hand Surgery, including Trigger Finger, Mini-Open Carpal Tunnel Release, Arthritis, Tendon Repairs, Fractures, Arthritis at the Base of the Thumb, Thumb Basal Joint Surgery, CMC Arthroplasties (Replacement of the Basal Thumb Joint), Dupuytren’s Disease including Non-Operative Therapy, Extensor Tendon Injuries, Hand Infections, Hand Tumors, Hand Numbness, Metacarpophalangeal Joint Arthritis, Finger Joint Replacement, Finger Joint Arthroplasty, Finger Ligament Injuries, Gamekeeper’s Thumb, Finger Tendon Transfers, Finger Amputations, Fingernail Injuries, Nail Bed Lacerations, Flexor Tendon Lacerations, Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Hand, Thumb Sprains, Finger Strains, Mallet Finger, Traumatic and Compressive Nerve Injuries, Trauma and Xiaflex® Injections.
• Wrist Care and Wrist Surgery, including Fractures, Arthritis, Rheumatoid, Ligament Injuries, and Ganglions, Arthroplasty of the Wrist, Thumb and CMC Joint, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion Cysts, Scaphoid Fractures, Scaphoid Non-Union, Wrist Sprains, Stiffness of Wrist, Joint Replacements, Treatment of Triangular Fibrocartilage Injuries, Closed and Open Treatment of Wrist Fractures, Scapholunate Ligament Reconstruction, Distal Radius Fracture, Hypothenar Hammer Syndrome, Pediatric Wrist Fractures, Sports Wrist Injuries.
• Elbow Care and Elbow Surgery, including Joint Replacement, Tendon Transfers, Arthritis, Stiffness, Loose Bodies, Elbow Locking, Elbow Replacement, Elbow Reconstruction, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Cubital Tunnel Release, Ulnar Nerve Transposition at the Elbow, Radial Tunnel Syndrome, Radial Tunnel Release at the Elbow, Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow), Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow), Medial Apophysitis, Medial Ulnar Collateral Ligament (MUCL) Injury, Triceps Tendonitis, Biceps Tendonitis, Total Elbow Arthroplasty, Distal Biceps Tendon Repair, Elbow Fractures, Radial Head Fractures, Throwing Injuries of the Elbow, Growth Plate Injuries of the Elbow, Overuse Injuries of the Elbow, Elbow Bursitis, Aspiration of the Olecranon Bursa.
• Upper Extremity Care, including Peripheral Nerve Surgery Addressing Traumatic and Compressive Nerve Injuries, Upper Extremity Trauma including Fractures, Tendon Lacerations, and Amputations, Microvascular and Reconstructive Surgery and Tissue Transfer, Congenital Hand Reconstruction, Overuse Syndromes, Traumatic Injuries to Bones, Tendons, Ligaments, Nerves and Blood Vessels, Infections, Tumors, Congenital Differences of the Upper Extremity.
• Pediatric Care, including Injuries, Fractures, Fracture Care, Trigger Thumbs, Cysts, and Congenital Differences, Osteochondritis Dissecans Lesions of the Elbow, and Pediatric Trigger Finger.
• Sports Medicine, including Wrist and Elbow Arthroscopy, Ligament Repairs and Reconstructions, Hand, Wrist and Elbow Fractures and Dislocations.
Testimonial – Wrist pain gone – Leann’s story & road to recovery