OI is Open to Provide You Care
Your safety remains our highest priority, and we continue our commitment to providing the personalized care you need if pain or injuries arise.
South Dakota is getting back to normal – schedule your appointments today.
YES, we are OPEN! Orthopedic Institute in the Plaza 5 building on the Avera Health Campus is open and accepting patients. Ever since Governor Noem signed an Executive Order outlining her “Back to Normal” plan for South Dakota, Orthopedic Institute has been busy. Please don’t wait to schedule your appointment, call us today at 605-331-5890. To learn more about the Road to Recovery, click this link.
We Continue to Perform Surgeries
We have started to perform elective surgeries as well as continuing to implement procedures that are necessary to treat injuries or prevent permanent harm if there were to be a delay.
Elective surgeries are being reviewed on a case by case basis and are being scheduled. Extra precautions are being taken at the surgical hospital to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We are using independently sourced PPE.
Safety First – Masks are now required – beginning Monday, May 18th, 2020. All patients need to wear a mask.
We strongly encourage you to bring your mask to help us conserve our PPE supplies. Patients who do not have a mask will receive one at the front door. We understand that wearing one is not pleasant. However, we appreciate your care and consideration for others in our office, including patients who are more vulnerable to illness.
Avoid the ER- OI Now Orthopedic Urgent Care is OPEN in Sioux Falls, Yankton, and Brookings.
Avoid the Hospital ER wait and expense, stop in at any of the OI NOW locations for your orthopedic care needs. We accept walk-ins. No appointment is necessary. No referral is needed unless required by your insurance (call us at 605-331-5890 if you are unsure). If you call for an appointment at Orthopedic Institute and can’t get an appointment as soon as you want, try the walk-in clinic.
OI Now hours – Click for more information.
We Are Taking Increased Safety Precautions
- Increased use of telemedicine tools. To minimize the amount of interaction, we will utilize telemedicine appointments whenever possible.
- Telemedicine – click for more information.
- Shortened patient to physician interaction. When things get back to normal, we will have more time for pleasantries. During this time, we will be quick and to the point.
- Personal protective equipment. Our staff will wear face masks when physically interacting with you to minimize our risk of exposure so we can continue to provide care. All patients will be required to wear a mask while in the building.
- Visitor Policy (Updated) – One (1) visitor may accompany each patient
Safety is Everyone’s Responsibility
- Rescheduling Advice. If you have any COVID-19 symptoms or meet any of the CDC self-quarantine criteria, please call us to convert your appointment to a telemedicine visit at 605-331-5890.
- Practice Good Hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Cover your nose and mouth if you have to sneeze or cough. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Maintain Social Distancing. The CDC suggests maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Apple Website COVID-19 Screening Tool
- Apple, in partnership with The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has developed a website tool that may help you understand what to do next about COVID-19. You can access the screening tool here.
- Apple COVID19 Screening Tool – Click link for more information.
- Stay Informed. The CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) are updating their sites below with the latest information.
We apologize to anyone who had their surgery postponed or rescheduled. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Don’t wait any longer.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 605-331-5890.